Border & Pipeline Protection
AgilFence BIDS for Border Security & Pipeline Protection is a buried fibre optics sensing solution that secures perimeters by detecting a range of threats above and below ground, e.g. illegal cross-border immigrants, oil pipeline theft attempt, mechanised digging that can potentially damage underground services or pipelines.
- Covert deployment of buried highly-sensitive fibre sensors
- Signal transmitted via low-loss fibre optic cable can be remotely monitored
- No electronics or power in the field, no lightning risk
- Intrinsically safe, immune to EMI/RFI
- Zero field maintenance, easy operation
- Covers extremely long distance
- Unlimited scalability
- Good accuracy of +/-25m
- Positioning of discrete fibre sensors is flexible, adjustable and customisable depending on terrain
- Extremely sensitive sensors for weak ground disturbance factors e.g. footsteps
- Offers alarm resolution, giving multiple alarms triggered by different fibre sensors
- Signal processing software rides on COTS PC server, thus cheaper, fully reliable and supportable
- Can scale down for shorter distance using fewer-channel Sensing Unit
Highly-sensitive fibre sensors are spaced a distance apart, linked by a fibre-optic cable, and installed below ground to create an “invisible perimeter” along the desired protection areas. Backend equipment, each covering few ten of kilometres, are housed in intermediary locations. Other than pipeline excavation attempts, this intricate sensing system is also able to detect small movements e.g. footsteps of an intruder crossing into a protected area.